Having the openers on the doors of garage are really so standard. That is why many of us rarely see the space without those pieces. Today, those are available on the market with numerous styles, materials, design, models, and surely prices. It probably makes your shopping such a daunting task. However, you can limit the choices by determining which one is your need and suitable with the budgets without ignoring the aesthetic values as those items would be attached. One of most popular choice must be garage door opener for two doors. This one is available on some types. Those will be explained as follow.
The types of garage door opener for two doors: the electric eyes
For the installation of this choice, there are some points you should know.
- This type is two photoelectric sensors which are installed on both sides of the tracks.
- Those must never be installed higher than 6 inches from the floors. For 4 up to 6 inches are the recommended locations.
- This doors installation will ensure that the small child could not crawl under the invisible sensor. As the light beams are broken during the door closing processes, those must stop and reverse.
For the advantages of electric eyes, it surely provides much better life for the customers. Those are:
- If there is anything on sensor light beam paths or both sensors are out of the alignments, you still will be able for closing them by holding the wall buttons.
- For the spaces that is used as storages, it is possible for seeing the lower sections of garage door two doors from the areas of push button installed. By this, you probably do not know what is blocking the light beams.
- Commonly, there are two sensors that are taped together as well as secured above them or it is installed really high on the both sides of the opening. As you install this, you should remember that garage door opener for two doors safety sensors have to be installed within six inches from the floor levels that are mainly purposed for preventing the small child from crawling underneath light beams.
Garage door opener for two doors: the door edge sensors
This one is usually used on the elevator types but also on some of residential garage door opener for two doors. This is the strips which are installed along the bottom edges. The work of this item is:
- As it detects the pressures which are applied by any kind of obstructions, these doors should reverse and stops the opening.
- For the one that reverses on the obstructions future it has to be properly set.
- There must be a couple of adjustment screw on the body assembly.
For the beginners who still do not know about this model, there are some points to do as the installation process. Those are as follow:
- For the first, make sure that you have adjusted the proper sets of the screws since lots of models of garage door would have down or up travel adjustments.
- As you purchase this product, you should read the labels carefully.
- By means of safety installation, just follow the instruction of manufacturers as you do the adjustments.
- If the paperwork were gone, look them up online for the particular models specifically.
Overall, this model is not difficult enough for being adjusted. However, there are some general rules of the instruction you should know. Those are:
- It is usually instructed for placing 2 inches X 4 inches blocks of the woods underneath the doors and try for closing them.
- The garage that has door opener for two doors either up or down forces, it should be adjusted on that way, as the door bottom edges touches the obstructions, it would reverse immediately.
Description: garage door opener for two doors should be installed safely and properly. Just follow the instructions written on the labels as you install this door opener.